Sudath Perera Associates is distinguished for its reputation in large and complex international arbitrations which forms a part of the broad range of legal services the Firm offers its clients. We have created our own unique style of handling matters in a number of different sectors.
We deal effectively with technical concepts and details, in determining facts, liaising with experts, drafting submissions and appearing at oral hearings.
Drawing on our specialist knowledge, expertise and resources to achieve highly successful results, we have acted in various international arbitrations concerning matters such as joint ventures, software and technology projects and contracts involving energy, licensing, manufacturing and international sales and distribution.
The Firm is well versed in the arbitration rules of UNCITRAL, ICC and ICLP.
Our experienced team assists with:
- drafting arbitration agreements
- choosing the most appropriate arbitrator
- expert analysis of the pros and cons of suitable venues
- choosing the appropriate type of arbitration for the dispute
- identifying innovative processes to reduce the time and cost of dispute resolution
- conducting the proceedings and providing strategic advice
- advice on where and how to enforce awards and conducting enforcement proceedings