Sudath Perera Associates has the legal expertise and track record to help make any international investment in Sri Lankan assets a smooth and efficient process. Our knowledge of the relevant issues across a variety of sectors allows you to navigate the regulatory framework and achieve your commercial objectives.
We have successfully closed foreign investment deal from oil and gas, and the mining and power sectors, through to financial services, manufacturing and property. Over the years Sudath Perera Associates has provided clients with comprehensive advice on their obligations under the Law pertaining to setting up a Board of Investment of Sri Lanka approved venture.
The Firm has demonstrable expertise in acquisitions and acquisition finance, intellectual property, tax, portfolio development in Sri Lankan assets, debt issuance into Sri Lanka, media and broadcasting operations in Sri Lanka, and other sensitive sectors such as airlines and airports.
We also assist with the preparation of formal notices and submissions, and liaise with relevant public officials during and we can act as an intermediary in negotiations with appropriate government bodies during the approval process.
In addition, the firm provides support services in the form of:
- Investment structuring and legal due diligence
- Application documents and feasibility study reports
- Drafting and negotiation of company formation documents, including joint venture contracts, articles of association, and technology license agreements
- Legal compliance in ongoing operations in areas including corporate governance, customs, tax and labour
- Government approval and registration for company formation and related procedures
- Restructuring, dissolution and liquidation