Competition and Anti-trust
The ever increasing focus on competition laws and price regulation, resulting in criminal sanctions and civil disputes, requires expert, commercial competition litigation advice and representation for companies, not only as defendants, but also in using private litigation as a means of redress.
Our specialist competition law litigators combine technical expertise with strategic advice to pursue or defend claims on behalf of our clients before the Courts, Consumer Affairs Authority and Consumer Affairs Council.
We assist clients by:
- advising on and representing clients in applications for price revisions of price-controlled items
- acting for clients in prosecuting and defending claims of anti-competitive practices
- defending clients against damages claims
- advising and representing clients in actions for damages or breaches of competition law
- advising clients on complex procedural and substantive issues arising in the context of criminal and civil investigations and dawn raids conducted by the Consumer Affairs Authority
- advising on appeals against decisions of the Consumer Affairs Authority and Council